Friday, June 13, 2008

Reading: UnChristian

I am currently reading the book unChristian by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons. I've already learned so much from this book and I'm not close to being done!! It forces you to look deep into your own life and evaluate it. If you're a christian, does your life really reflect Christ? really? In all areas? We all have sin in our lives, but if you claim to be a Christian every part of your life should be at least fighting to follow His REAL teachings! STOP staying you're a Christ follower if don't back it up. Non-christians are tired of it!! (the book is based on research done on the perceptions of Christians by non-christians, pretty much what our lives look to them)

We are pushing them away! That's not what Christ did!! I say we because I'm included. Everyday and every moment of the day I have to evaluate my life. I have to pray for God to help me see my sin and fight it!! LIVING the gospel will help others come to know Christ! If you're a non-christian, I apologize. I apologize that we (including me!!) have not lived our lives in reflection of Christ. We have let you down by not living it out and showing you the truth, love, mercy, grace, and forgiveness Christ alone offers. I hope that we can start living it out! Living out not what we preach, but what God preaches!!

(a must read!

No comments: