Sunday, November 28, 2010

Eat This! (really you have to try it)

Round Two: Cookies
Round two of the friendly bake off has come to a close.  Without planning it, we all ended up making a type of cookie! Anna made mint chocolate chip, Jessamie made cake cookie sandwiches, and I made cranberry-orange shortbread cookies.
 Around the holiday season I love to bake with seasonal ingredients.  For me cranberries and oranges come to mind.  This is a really simple recipe that I found from an old Southern Living.  Now, I love shortbread cookies, but if your aren't a fan just grab a sugar cookie mix and add in these flavors. 
 Dried cranberries, fresh orange zest, vanilla, almond extract.....Yum...this batter not only smelled amazing!! It tastes AWESOME too! (you know how I love my raw dough, haha!)
 It made two logs, which made about 20-22 cookies per log (depending on how think you like them).
 A little melted white chocolate drizzle on top!
The pile looks a little small because we could not stop eating them!!  As my dear friend Jessamie said in her entry about round two, this recipe is for those who are fully embracing the holidays and all its glory.  

Check out my competition and some really great holiday ideas at:

No comments: