Monday, November 1, 2010

Peanut Butter, Pumpkins, Birthday!

So I've seen the cutest pumpkin cakes and I decided to make one for my mom for her birthday (Halloween). She also loves peanut butter and Reese's so of course I had to include both in the cake! Chocolate fudge cake (this time I cheated with a box mix for time) with peanut butter chips baked in, Reese's pieces in between the  two layers and peanut butter icing, and of course Reese's for the stem! Plus curly green candles! It tasted amazing. Like you were biting into a giant Reese's....YUM! I think it looks pretty cute too:)  Along with it are two little pumpkins I carved at a pumpkin party the other night.  They're pretty cute too. Hope you all are having a wonderful fall so far!
 Looking a little like giant donuts....I split the batter into two smaller cakes to get a more round pumpkin. You could do two whole cakes if you had a lot of people.  This was just for family.
 Peanut butter icing from Ina Garten 
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/chocolate-cupcakes-and-peanut-butter-icing-recipe/index.html

 Yes, this was a really good idea:)



3 comments:

Jason and Jessamie said...

this is ridiculously cute!!! you're definitely some stiff competition.

Megan said...

that sounds and looks delicious!!

Megan Hutto said...

ahhhhhh-mazing!!!!!!