Monday, February 11, 2008

heartbroken

I broke down one day.

It was a different kind of brokenness than I’ve been feeling over the past 9 months. I’m reading this book The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel. In the beginning of the book he interviews this guy who use to preach with Bill Graham but has now turned agnostic. He began to ask him about Jesus and the man broke down into tears, barely able to speak, saying how important Jesus was in his life and how he missed him so dearly. This from a man who is agnostic? But he realized that something deep and meaningful was missing!

It was that kind of heartbroken!

For the first time I realized that it wasn’t only my broken heart from a man but a broken heart for Jesus that ached so badly everyday.

Broken heart FROM man.

Broken heart FOR Jesus.

I had lost two of the most important men in my life.
One by his choice, one by mine.

I may never have one of them in my life again, but I defiantly won’t have LIFE again without the other!


"Come, my Lord, no longer tarry,

Take my ransomed soul away;
"
~Come, Thou Fount

No comments: