Friday, February 29, 2008

stupid, blind heart

So I thought it might be a good idea to go out to dinner with a certain someone (the ex). What an idiot! (me that is) I mean what was I thinking trying to have dinner with someone who I'm obviously still in love with and try to act like were friends.

The dinner actually went fine. We just talked and caught up on what is going on in our lives. I had fun. He had fun. While we were together, anyways. I guess that why is was hard. Life goes on when you expect things not to. Its hard to see that someone you love so much is totally fine with you not being a part of their life. Ouch! I mean I guess he is. We kept away from relationship talk. Not a single word about us (or the previous "us").

Is it possible to be friends with someone you are still in love with or is it just not worth the continued pain? Usually everyone would say no! Move on and let it go. But what about when that person's brother is a really good friend and his whole family mean so much to you. Do you have to let them all go? I mean it might be possible to keep in touch with just brother, except for the fact that they are identical twins, live together, and and and..... I mean they are family!

I guess it was good though. Not a step back, not a step forward, maybe just a spin around. A reevaluation? Maybe not.

My heart just keeps hanging on and doing silly things like thinking dinner together is a good idea.
Love really is blind.

No comments: