Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Martinis and evil spirits

02-23-08

This weekend I had one of the most amazing experiences. I went to dinner with some of my best friends. We had a girl’s night full of catching up and laughs. It was so much fun and it felt so good and uplifting to be around them. We had a martini or two and talked the night away. When we started to leave on of the girls sisters called and was scared. She said she felt like there was something in the house where she was babysitting. This sister has some of the most amazing spiritual gifts. Which I never knew about until now. We all went over to the house so that we could pray with her and over the house.

Now, I have only done this one other time in my life. The same friend came to visit me one weekend and we talked about not being able to sleep and hearing music from the radio that wasn’t on. She prayed over my house and with me and my roommate.

We got to the house and the sister told us when she was putting one of the children down she felt an evil spirit in the room and heard a voice. Four of us began to pray over the house and for the evil spirit to leave and my friend and her sister went to pray in the child’s room. I have never experienced that kind of prayer. The other threes girls were speaking out to God and trembling. I kept thinking I was going to fall. I just kept saying the same things over and over. “ give me strength”, “evil has no power, we are God’s children.” Then something came over me and I started crying and fell to my knees. All I could say was “get out”, “get out” “get out!” this was almost at the end of our prayer and I knew that the spirits were out of the house but I felt like there was something in me. Maybe its been in my heart for a while. My friends knelt right on top of me and one of them broke out and started praying specifically praying for me. Later she said she just felt compelled to pray for me. I had said nothing about feeling like there was something in me. I guess she felt it.

We were all amazed when it was over and went outside to pray for the sister who had to spend the night. While we were praying I heard some mumbles that I totally could not understand. Like another language all together. I realized that the sister was speaking in tongues. All of this we had just discussed at dinner, demons and spiritual gifts of speaking in tongues. It was like nothing I’ve ever heard before and I was so blessed to have heard it. I caught myself trying to understand and stopped myself. I knew that was between her and God and maybe He just wanted me to catch a glimpse of it, but it was not meant for me to understand. We left and I think all of us were in amazement. It really made me think about the power of God. Even in His name. What an experience.

No comments: